Exciting news about IATE
Have you heard of IATE, the terminology database of the European Union? Available in the 24 official EU languages, it contains over 8 million entries and will soon be offering new functionalities for increased efficiency.
Today, the interinstitutional IATE partners are proud to announce the upcoming launch of a brand-new version of the database, which will offer a more user-friendly interface, enhanced data reliability, greater integration with other EU resources and a responsive design for access from different devices.
Very popular among internet users worlwide, IATE receives an average of 50 million queries per year. Since the launch of its public version in 2007, IATE has become a standard reference in the terminology and linguistic field, not only for language professionals, but also for national experts, policy advisers, public administrations, academia and private sector companies operating across different specialist areas in multilingual contexts.
Watch the video below to find out more and get a taste of what is to come in the new version.
List of the IATE partners
• the European Parliament;
• the Council of the European Union;
• the European Commission;
• the Court of Justice of the European Union;
• the European Central Bank;
• the European Court of Auditors;
• the European Economic and Social Committee;
• the European Committee of the Regions;
• the European Investment Bank and
• the Translation Centre for the Bodies of the European Union.